So, I had errors on my nacelle end caps:
I hate errors. These were caused by Lightwave flipping faces. I fixed them in both this model and my Enterprise model:
I bashed together a Hermes class scout. For those of you doing the math, yes, it’s the same design as the Saladin class destroyer. The main difference is that the destroyer variant has more weapons. However, in canon, there are two scout ships that have been name whose class was never revealed, but their names and registries come from the Starfleet Technical manual. Those ships are the USS Columbia NCC-621 and the USS Revere, NCC-595. In Star Trek: The Motion Picture, the Columbia is being ordered to rendezvous with the Revere during the establishing shot of the Epsilon IX station. So, I chose to make mine one of those scouts, the Revere.
The build was, obviously, mostly just rearranging parts from my Constitution class, with only a few parts to make. Then I made some new texture maps for the changed name and registry. I also moved one of the lines on the neck forward, to between the vents and the windows. So, it’s pretty simple, but it adds another ship to the fleet.
OK, I think it’s official. I’ve gone nuckin’ futs. 😉
As with the last one, no ship names or registries are duplicated. Though, unlike the last one, there are few repeaters. There are two Constitution-class ships that are the series version, the other two are the pilot versions, the rest of the ships are all different from one another. 16 ships in all in this one. Each ship (besides the series Connie) is a kitbash of my 2007 Connie model. Most use pretty much the same textures, just the saucer and nacelle texutres are different because those contain the names and registries.
Ironically, even though there are more ships, I spent less time rendering these because they have less lights. Also, most of my TMP-era ships have higher quality textures, though these actually rendered pretty decently.