I’ve been thinking lately of doing the Phase II Enterprise concept again. I’ve done it before and in fact was working on a model of the ship almost two years ago. I couldn’t find that model on any of my backup drives, so I figured it was lost. Well, as luck would have it, I got a new game controller. I’m tired of playing games on a little monitor, so I decided to hook my gaming computer up to my TV. I pulled one of my earlier desktops out of mothballs to use as a regular desktop, as I’ll probably keep the gaming rig hooked up to my TV. When I went to boot it, I saw it had no operating system. No problem, that’s an easy fix. I saw the drive had a backup partition on it, and plenty of unpartitioned space, so I decided to leave the partition alone and proceeded to install MX Linux on the unpartitioned space. It’s a good thing I did that, because there were several files on that backup partition, including some Blender files. As luck would have it, one of the folders contains my Phase II model project from 2017. So, I installed Blender 2.79b from the MX Linux repositories and took at look at it. Naturally, I did some renders to assess the current state of the model:
It doesn’t look too bad. It looks like I had a lot of the painful stuff out of the way. The saucer grid lines need to be redone. I’m not sure how thick they are, but they look pretty thick. I also don’t like certain other aspects of them. If memory serves, I tried a different method with them and it didn’t work like I wanted it to work. But, those are easy to redo. The warp pylons also have something funky going on with them, but I can easily redo those as well. The nacelles and secondary hull both look good, which is what really matters.