I started to convert this mesh to .obj format for importing it into Blender. I decided to break it down into components and then import them one at a time. I was on the 5th component and had already suffered numerous program crashes during the attempts to export when I realized it would take me all day. So, instead, I decided to retexture the Heracles.
I changed the paneling pattern, changed the colors a bit and added a lot of weathering. I also did new material settings to get rid of the reflections, so that it will render faster. The goal is to do some animation with this mesh and the new textures and material settings are part of that plan.
Anywho, this is where the Heracles stands now: